Urban areas account for 1.5% of global land use. We spend most of our time in buildings, while at home, work or shopping and at the library.
Buildings play a large role in our personal and professional lives. Many buildings already have automated heating, air, electrical, water and other system. Many of these building manufacturers are understanding the importance of allowing API access to their hardware and software.
Imagine if all of our buildings thought for themselves, and were able to teach us to reduce energy consumption, diagnose problems in real-time, allowing them to self correct when necessary or call a service provider when they need repair or tuning.
In this section I will be tracking on news and companies that are doing interesting things around building and home maagement or automation APIs, while also sharing blog analysis as well.
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Standard Energy Efficiency Data APIs For Buildings
- JCI & Panoptix APIs: Write APIs Are Much Harder Than Read APIs
- JCI & Panoptix Internal Evangelism: Selling Not Just The API, But The Overall Approach Internally
- Building Energy Efficiency at Six Times the Speed : Greentech Media
- 53 Energy APIs: Genability, 3TIER and EnergyStar
- Panoptix APIs: helping to create better building efficiency applications
- How Nest and Opower quietly morphed into competitors
- Smart thermostat maker Nest acquires utility tracker MyEnergy to cozy up to energy providers
- Keen Home Launches Crowdfunding Campaign For Its Connected Central Heating And Cooling Vents
- AT&T Releases Connected Home Security System